An exciting new Competition from Innovation Martlesham in association with BT and Suffolk County CouncilJanuary 13, 2015
Innovators are being invited to enter their actual or potential products that best demonstrate the benefits of technology to resolve specific issues county councils throughout the UK have in the areas of either transport management or security.
Those chosen as winners will :
- Receive six months membership of the well-respected IM incubator that offers workspace and subsidised comms.
- Be located at Innovation Martlesham, at Adastral Park, home of BT’s global research and engineering headquarters, the central hub for BT’s innovation and technology teams worldwide, and with a high tech ICT community of entrepreneurs and companies associated with the ICT industry.
- Receive six months business support from Innovation Martlesham (IM), BT and Suffolk County Council (SCC). This will include access to knowledge and expertise including research, technology, marketing and professional services at SCC.
- Be featured on the IM website and in e-newsletters.
- Receive invitations to IM’s networking programme.
- Have access to the same ICT cluster Adastral Park facilities such as; parking, restaurant, coffee lounge, gym etc.
Implementable Solutions are invited for either of the two problem statements (please note that by the end of the 6 month Incubation Period implementable solutions must be able to be demonstrated).
Problem Statement One:- How can innovative technology help older people fully benefit from the digital revolution by ensuring secure connectivity and simplifying access to computer applications ?
Problem Statement Two:- County Councils spend several million pounds per year on getting children and young people to school. How can innovative technology help to make this more effective and also save significant cost?
- Fit with the problem statement – will it deliver significant benefit ?
- Does the solution offer: Originality, Creativity and Innovation ?
- Competitive position i.e. understanding the market, user value proposition, the team’s experience, knowledge, skills,etc
- Impact for UK councils budgets including financial viability of whole life implementation of the product.
Click here for the IM Comp Terms Conditions
Click here to apply.
Competition Entry Period: 13th January 2015 and 13th February 2015
Closing Date is 13th February 2015
Shortlist Notification to be made: by 25th February 2015
Presentations to Judging Panel will be held at Adastral Park on:-
9th March 2015 between 9.30am – 1230pm for Problem Statement One
10th March 2015 between 2pm – 5pm for Problem Statement Two
Notification of Results: by 4th April 2015
For further information please contact Jim Milne